Friday, December 11, 2009

Spiders

I only remember one part of this dream, and it's definitely one I've had before. At least I've had very similar ones. Apparently I'm afraid of spiders because sometimes they show up as the innocuous "bad guys" in my dreams. I mean, I know I'm afraid of spiders because they creep me out in real life, but apparently it's bad enough to get into my psyche and harass me while I'm asleep on a relatively regular basis. Yuck.

This time it wasn't anything wacky; Kane and I were hanging out in my mom's downstairs living room, like we are at this very moment (and like we have been for most days of the past month). In real life, I have encountered an inordinate amount of "big" spiders (approximately the size of a quarter) down here since we've been living here. In my dream, we were hanging out when I discovered a spider on the carpet under one of the folding chairs by the wall. It was probably 3" in diameter and blackish maroon in color. It was horrifying.

Looking around I noticed two other spiders on different walls of the room, equally as large and menacing. I asked Kane to get them for me since I was scared. This is what I do in real life, I hand him a cup and ask him to take them outside. And he's pretty much the nicest person ever, so he does without complaint.

But in my dream I wasn't sure these gigantic spiders would even fit in the standard spider cup, nor did I know if they were dangerous at all (they were, after all, big enough to apply to college). But I didn't want him to just smoosh them because they were huge and would leave a big old gooey mess on the carpet/walls, and, indeed, may put up a fight. So, I wasn't sure what to do about them, but I was just about hyperventilating trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment