Wednesday, December 2, 2009

In one ear and out the...other?

This was a segment of a dream that happened just before I woke up this morning. Besides this part there was a family in a 3rd world country and their apartment was all torn up and one of the kids was mad at me for something...

But that's neither here nor there for this entry (ok, maybe it's there). In this very last part of my dream I was hanging with some friends in some room somewhere (mysterious unidentified dream location) and my nose started to bother me. I looked in a mirror on the wall and saw that in each of my nostrils I had an open orifice at the back that led to my sinuses. Like take the regular holes at the top of your nose that go to your sinuses and put them right at the bottom/back of your nose just inside your nostril where they are visible. They were small holes and looked like they should be in your mouth (made of the same skin a the back of your mouth).

So, if you think that's disgusting, when I looked in the mirror I noticed that there were 2 Excedrin pills poking out of the holes. I pulled them out and was horrified to find that the asprins I took the other day didn't go to my stomach (so that's why my headache didn't go away!) but instead had gotten lost in my sinuses and came out these holes. I looked in my nose more and other stuff just started pouring down the chute. More asprin came out, I think some other stuff that I don't remember, and then finally my collection of Metcards from Melbourne.

Metcards are like BART tickets: little credit card sized pieces of paper that you validate when you get on public transport. I had collected a whole stack of them living in Melbourne and in this dream, they were now all exiting via my nose. It was disgusting and somewhat painful in the dream (not sure how that works).

I gently pressed on the outside of my other nostril to see if there might be stuff in there too and it was tender. I figured I'd be cleaning this out all dang day, yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment