Thursday, November 26, 2009

Silverchair

I was so pumped to wake up from a "meeting the band" dream last night. I've had them before - favorite band is playing somewhere, I enjoy the show, I somehow get backstage or meetup with the band and it's totally awesome. Last night, it was one of my old-school favorites, Silverchair.

I was at some night-time event with an acquaintance (no idea who) and realized that it was getting late so I should head home. I was about to start walking up 2nd Street in Hayward, past Hayward High (no idea why I was right there) when I recognized a song being played by the band under the platform that I was on (oh yeah, there was a platform and I guess I was on it). I looked down and it was Daniel Johns at the microphone!

I said aloud (in the dream), "How did I not know that Silverchair was playing tonight?!". Whoever I was with still had to go home so I descended down the hill alone to where the concert was taking place.

Now this is a novel concept, I was alone in my dream. I am rarely alone in real life and that's why I think I'm always with at least one other person in my dreams, even if they are faceless and nameless. But tonight I was on the town alone and I acknowledged that this was unusual. And I was myself this time, not looking down on someone else or through someone else's eyes as my dreams are wont to do.

Anyway, so I get down the concert area solo but the band has already stopped playing. It's always been a dream of mine to wait for an extended period of time after a concert to see if the band ever comes out from backstage, but I've never been able to because I'm always with someone who doesn't want to stay or I have to get up early the next morning or something. But in this dream, I was just going to hang out and see if I could catch up with the band.

It wasn't long before Daniel Johns (should I call him Daniel or DJ? Maybe Danny?) came out and we were instantly hanging out and were awesome friends. Then I think he sort of morphed into someone else and the coolness faded away, but for just a minute, I was kicking it with one of my all time favorites - Danny Johns of Silverchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment