Saturday, November 7, 2009

Run from the Bees

We were at my mom's house, but my mom lived in Max's house next door instead of her real house. The floorplan was all jumbled around (not matching my mom's real house or Max's real house) but, as usual, I didn't seem to mind or notice. It was like old times when I was a kid and families were out in the court chatting, skating, biking, and playing. It was an oppressively hot and Costco-bright sunny day.

I was outside walking around in the front yard and talking to neighbors/family who were also milling around. It was a nice atmosphere. Suddenly a swarm of bees came through the court and everyone was scared. This actually happened once when I was a kid (remember, Alicia?) and we had run inside to escape the bees. They were gone after five minutes. In my dream it was, of course, not that nice (or simple).

The bees were mostly flying by up high, but many of them swooped to check us humans out. They didn't seem to be stinging but they were flying around people's heads, arms, and legs and everyone was swatting and running around. I decided to run a loop around the block so that no bees could land on me but it didn't seem to help much. I ran down the hill, gliding on one foot at a time as though I were on skates, and then back up again with bees landing on my legs and in my hair the whole way.

As I ran I was alternating brushing my hands down my legs, arms and over my head to keep them away. I finally got back up the hill and realized my tactic wasn't really working but that it was making me quite tired from all the running in the sun. I ran into our kitchen through the garage (it was the same kitchen but mirrored and re-arranged somehow) to escape the bees and it seemed to help since they hadn't gotten in the house yet.

I think it was the type of dream where I was twitching (or at least tense) like a doggie in my bed in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment