Monday, June 7, 2010

Test Time

Four dream nights in a row, weee!

This dream started out with me playing laser tag at the old Q-Zar arena (where I used to work) in Pleasanton. The arena was similar to the real one, but the rest of the building was different. The equipment we were using was Laser Quest stuff though, not Q-Zar (clearly that's important). About 3/4 through the game my laser stopped working. I tried to get help from the employee, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong; I knew I had lost my 1st place ranking because of it.

During the game, Ben F. told me that we had a test afterward. Apparently I had been away from home during the time when we were told about this test so I hadn't prepared for it at all or even known about it. It was going to be a standardized test, like the SATs except it was going to test "science" (whatever that means), and was to be held that same day.

We could bring notes to the test, so I asked Ben if I could make a copy of this pamphlet that he had with all sorts of equations on it. He said ok, so I took it to the front desk at the laser tag place but the man said their copy machine was busy copying something more important and wouldn't be done in time. Fabulous. I was hoping they would hand out an equation sheet during the test so that I would have something.

I remember standing outside a school building with some kids I knew, waiting to go in and take the test. Carissa and Jolene were there; everyone was very nervous. We got in and sat at assigned desks in a small, bright room. The desks were very close together and I was afraid the proctors would think I was cheating since I didn't prepare for the test at all.

We had about 1/2 hour before the test started, so I went to the bathroom. I went with Adele and since the girls' bathroom was only one stall, I let her go. I went into the boys bathroom instead (which I assumed would be one stall also), but it wasn't and there were other boys in there. I used the bathroom but was too embarrassed to stay and wash my hands so I went back into the girls' bathroom to wash my hands. I found there were three stalls when I went back in.

I went back into the testing room and the desks had been moved to be a bit further apart. My friend Melissa and her brother Seth were somewhere in the room too, but I couldn't see them from where I sat. I asked someone if this was the kind of test you could take again if you didn't do well, but they said no. We only had one chance. I was just hoping that I would do well since I'm good at "science" and can figure stuff out relatively well.

No comments:

Post a Comment