Monday, July 26, 2010

Marathon on a Cuise Ship

I was in the court where my mom lives (this is where a great many of my dreams take place) about to run a 5k marathon. I was nervous about it because I'm a truly terrible runner. But, for some reason I was already registered and ready to start, so I was going to attempt it.

I began to run; there were only about 3 other people besides me running, one of whom I believe was Mel Gibson. Since we were running in the court and the court is quite small, the race consisted of 5 or so laps up the hill and back down. Running down the hill was a piece of cake and running up was harder (surprise, my dreams are sometimes realistic).

I was doing surprisingly well. I was not afflicted with my real-life running debilitation and was actually making decent time and feeling good about it. I was sweating up a storm, but the uphills were invigorating and the downhills were encouraging. I would also rest at the top of the hill each time to catch my breath before continuing on.

My family was cheering me on from the steps of my mom's house: my mom, sister, and Grandpa were definitely there, in addition to a few others. My Grandpa even got up and ran next to me for part of it to encourage me.

I couldn't believe when we only had one more lap to go; I was going to make it! I ran down the hill next to another girl who was in the marathon and about halfway down, she turned around and made an easy dash back up the hill for the finish line. She had cheated! We were supposed to go all the way down the hill to the bottom, you can't just turn around halfway. Because of that her time was under 7 minutes and she had gotten all the glory.

In spite of her I ran all the way to the bottom of the court and touched the sidewalk at the bottom before turning around to make a good time in the low 7 minutes. I was so happy!

After I finished, I turned to where my family had been sitting and there was suddenly a whole crowd of people and I was on a cruise ship. I had to go find my room so that I could shower and change for dinner. Did I bring anything nice to wear? I wasn't sure.

Everyone was wearing ball gowns and fancy dresses. I couldn't find an elevator and asked an employee how to get to the "T" deck. He had a strong accent and was hard to understand but directed me toward an elevator. I think I got off at the wrong floor but was shortly fed some strange food which I ate at a table with Commander (or Lieutenant, depending on the season) Worf.

No comments:

Post a Comment