Saturday, September 4, 2010

Denmark

I had a dream I was in Denmark. It's funny when I have "location" dreams, especially to places I've never been in real life. For example, how did I know it was Denmark last night? I have no idea. And, if I had been paying attention to visual cues, I would have probably estimated that I was in Hawaii, the Caribbean or somewhere equally tropical. But that's not how dreams work; I was in Denmark.

I don't remember a whole lot except that it was the best place I'd ever been. The city (whichever city it was) was fun and had lots to do, there were curiously no language barriers (which plagued so many of my thoughts traveling Europe in real life), and there was a sunny, warm, and beautiful beach just a few miles outside of town.

I don't even like the beach in real life, so there's something to add to the oddity of dream world; I'm a normal person there.

I do remember many of my friends being with me (though the only person I specifically remember besides Kane was Jon) and that we took a bus from the city center to our hostel or hotel near the beach. We were all talking about how this is the best place ever and wondering why we'd ever vacationed anywhere else.

When we got to the hostel we all headed out to the ocean for a swim. Everyone else went ahead of me (while I changed, maybe?) and as I went to follow them, I remembered that I should take out my earrings because salt water tarnishes silver (actually, it doesn't; chlorinated pool water does though). I jogged back to the hostel and set my earrings and ring next to my backpack on a picnic table. I hoped no one would bother my stuff.

Fine, it wasn't an exciting dream but I remembered it and had time to write it down. So here it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment