Saturday, October 3, 2009

Race to the Lodge

I woke up laughing. My dry lips curled into a smile and I lay on my right side chuckling away at my dream. I woke Kane up and he asked what was so funny. I told him. He did not laugh. I don't blame him; you had to be there.

I was working at a restaurant with some friends. It was the end of the shift and we were cleaning everything up. Actually, it was a bit of an episode of Scrubs and Elliot was one of the other waitresses. A group of her customers was all mad that she had gotten their bill wrong. I tried to help by telling her and asking her to re-do the check.

At the end of our shift we were all going to like a Tony Bennett concert or something across the street. We all needed to change and there was a small wooden lodge out back where we could do that. It had wooden verandas all around it and ramps up to the glass front doors. We were all running toward the lodge to claim a good area to change.

Just then, children started pouring out of the back of the restaurant; they also were running for the lodge and needed to change. It was like a class full of 2nd graders or something, all button noses and corduroy jackets. We all freaked - we had to beat them in!

That's when I turned to see Turk stopping in-place to change. He was putting a pair of pants on over the pair he already had on. I didn't know why exactly he was doing this, but I kept running. A couple of my colleagues had fallen behind and I looked to see Trevor, Shak (our friend, Shakib, from college, not Shaq the basketball player) and a couple other boys from college sitting outside the lodge at a picnic table all eating some food and cheering us on.

I was now in the lead to the cabin, but my running skills were even worse in my dream than in real life. I was in freaking slow motion. The children started to pass me. I had to make a decision and so I reached my right arm out, bent down, and tripped the first little blond booger who made it past me. He plummeted face first into the deck; I was smiling.

That's when I started to laugh in real life. I had tripped a child so that I could beat him in a race. Trevor and my friends were laughing so hard behind me that I burst out laughing in real life. The laughter woke me up and spoiled the dream, but I was going to trip more of them, I already knew it. It was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment