Sunday, July 12, 2009

Murderers

Dreamed Saturday July 11

I was with Kane but it wasn't Kane. Good start, I know. We were partners in crime, but he looked different than he does in real life. This was one of my famous (ha) long and involved dreams that was a bit like a movie. We were on the run from the cops; we were murderers. I don't know what spawned this dream as I haven't even watched any violent movies lately or played in video games. Hamlet 2 and Yes Man didn't exactly fill me with thoughts of murdering people, but that's what I got anyway.

I don't remember it all so vividly since it was a wake-up-at-6am-to-stop-the-horror type of dream, but I do remember the gist of it. We were on the run from the cops, presumably for murdering people. I have no idea why we were killing these people but it was necessary for some reason. The first "scene" was us pulling over to the side of the road and me beheading a woman in the bushes. It was graphic and, besides the screaming that I would imagine would have been present in real life, seemed relatively realistic.

I had a machete and was hacking this woman's head off. Yeah, I know, I'm disturbed. Instead of slitting her throat which would have gotten the job done a lot quicker, I had decided to start from the back of her neck. As you might imagine, a machete didn't get the job done in one or two or even three hits, so instead I was repeatedly slicing at this woman's neck from behind as she became more and more bloody and disoriented.

After the job was done, we hopped in our car and moved on to the next victim which was a man in his house. I killed him (though later he was prosecuting us and we had apparently just chopped off his thumb) and then even went downstairs to guide his daughter, with kind words, out to the pool behind his house to avoid her seeing him and calling the cops on us for a while.

We drove more and killed more and the cops got closer and closer. It was really tense and one of those dreams you're happy to wake up from. No idea what is wrong with my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment