Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jammin'

Dreamed Wednesday Night July 15

I was walking around outside a one story house with my acoustic guitar strapped around my shoulder. I had been playing someone else's guitar but their strings were made of something strange and almost no sound would come out when they were plucked. So I switched to my own guitar even though the strings are hard to press down and hurt my fingers after a short while (true in real life).

I was just screwing around playing some chords when Patrick came out of the house and was super excited to jam. As usual, I was reluctant to "jam" since I never know what to play when we do that. My mom was there for a minute, and she made fun of me for playing my guitar so rarely. I was offended and told her something along the lines of "shut up". Not a nice dream exchange, sorry about that mom.

Instead of jamming, he played me a song he'd been working on and I think I was expected to add something to it. I have never been good at lead guitar and was trying to think of something I could add to the song. He was playing me the song from a recording that sounded completely finished so it was extra hard to try to add something. I then realized that the song resembled a song I had heard before: Wounded Bird by The Black Crowes. I told him that his song reminded me of theirs and he alarmingly asked me to find that CD and play him the song.

I flipped through Patrick's CD collection for The Black Crowes' section, which was at the back. His six or so TBC CD's were tubes of lotion. I picked the right tube and squished some of the lotion into the CD player to play him the song. I asked him why his CD's were in tubes and he said that if you ask the cook at the store, he'll sell you the CD's for 70% of the price in tube form.

I woke up with Wounded Bird stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment