Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Showering

This was a truly irritating dream. I have ones like this sometimes that just become obsessive and ridiculous as my brain leads me all around. In this dream I was just trying to take a shower. I was camping or on vacation or something and it was time for me to tend to the good old hygiene. I started by looking for a shower in the campground I was in and, though there were about a dozen in an out building, they were all being used.

I found an empty one but there were spider webs all on the ceiling that were encroaching down into the shower space. I wasn't going to have any of that. I thought I'd wait for someone to finish but everyone was like in infinite shower mode, go figure. I found a shower that looked perfect, so I entered, undressed and started to shower. At this point I realized that it was not a personal shower but rather one used to rinse off after using the hot tub to which it was attached. The people in the hot tub were staring at me.

I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around myself and exited the shower/hot tub area getting my towel all wet and feeling ridiculous. I asked a girl who worked at the place if she knew a good place to shower. She showed me to a place she called "the tube" or "the tunnel" or something where there were some showers in an open wood building. I set up my stuff in the little area and then went away for a minute to use the toilet or something. When I came back people had set up an archery range with the target being just next to the shower heads. So groups of people were lining up with their bows and firing arrows into targets where I was hoping to shower.

I was extremely surprised at this development, but not nearly as surprised as I would have been in real life. I mean, archery? Anyway, I never got to shower in my dream and was waiting, dejectedly, for the stupid archers to finish as my mind faded elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment