Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No Love

This was the night before our big flight to Japan, so I knew the dreamin' wouldn't be good. At least no more planes crashing though. In this dream I didn't get into UC Berkeley. It was sad.

I think I was in high school still, because one of my classes got out early and I had to stay for my final class (I guess that could have been college too then). Either way, I remember going into one of my teachers' classrooms and looking over the essay I had sent to Berkeley. It was just one essay (as opposed to the many I sent in real life), and it was like a story. It was terrible. I was thinking, "no wonder they didn't let me in, this sucks".

I also remember wondering why I didn't get help from my teacher on the essay. He was an English teacher and I think he could have helped me a lot, but I had been to stubborn to ask for help. And now my essay was crappy and UCB didn't take me. Good work, me.

Well, it was a downer for sure, but I woke up realizing that my real-life essays kick ass and if they don't let me into Berkeley it's not because my essays are crap, that's for sure. Slightly re-assured.

Another downside - I woke up with Rod Stewart's Maggie May PAINFULLY stuck in my head. I hope it goes away soon. Now, off to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment