Saturday, April 18, 2009

Axes to the Windows

Dreamed: Saturday Night April 18

This morning was one of many where I wake up rather pleasantly exhausted from a barrage of trying dreams. These dreams were the kind that fly through my brain back to back, one leading to the next often connected only by a very thin thread. The most memorable dream is as follows:

I was at my mom's house which was in the correct geographical spot, but had a different floor plan than my mom's real house. There was an expansive porch to the front of the house, about where the garage is, and the whole front of the house was glass windows. It was quite nice. Anyway, Melissa and her family lived across the street where Patrick's mom lives. Melissa's brother Seth was over and he wanted to make out with me. I said that I couldn't because I had a boyfriend and he got all mad and left.

He returned after a while with Melissa, both wielding rad battle axes (kinda like this). They were mad and I walked out onto the porch to talk to them. They were going to bash my mom's windows with their axes. I asked Melissa not to but she said something like, "I'm feeling crazy right now!". I was significantly bigger than she was in the dream, so I decided to try to take the ax from her. I grabbed and tugged, but couldn't pry it from her. So, I did what any reasonable dream person would do: I gave up and went back in the house.

They started bashing the windows. But the axes would stick in the glass like it was wood rather than just shatter the glass. They swung their axes over and over. My parents were there, and I said something like, "It's ok, they're just mad, they'll stop soon". I should have realized it was a dream when my dad accepted this as a valid answer and did not rush off to conjure a weapon. We watched them for a few minutes and I was thinking that the damages would be expensive to fix. They were not stopping and now more of their friends had arrived and there was a bit of a riot happening outside.

I decided to call the police. I called, but they were being idiots, as police typically are in my dreams. They couldn't trace the call so they couldn't find the address - even though I was offering to just tell them. They finally said someone would be on the way.

This dream then started bleeding into other strange scenarios including a dock and kittens and a puppy, and eventually a short feature film with submarine-capable, child-drowning robot heroes-turned-villains, so I will stop here. The police eventually did show up, but it was way too late and I was pissed that they didn't show up more quickly because they could have saved me a lot of repairs to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment