Friday, April 24, 2009

Haircut Nightmare

Dreamed: Friday Night April 24

I'm getting a haircut soon, in real life, so this was an obvious reflection of my feelings toward this event.

I went to get a haircut somewhere and they shaved the front half of my head and left the back long. Not like a mullet, like a freak haircut you've never seen before because it's too ugly to exist in reality. Wait a minute - god damn it - I love the internet, here is the haircut I'm talking about. But imagine it's me and the back part is my super long blond hair. I wasn't all that upset really, but I did need the rest of the hair cut because bald me is better than that, let's face it. So I'm walking around this town with whoever happened to be with me trying to find a hair cutting place that's open.

It was approaching dusk so places were all closed or closing. I found one place that was just closing and the effeminate receptionist man (I even stereotype in my dreams, imagine that) informed me that the owner/main stylist could cut my hair. I thought this would probably be expensive, but didn't ask about it. He came out of the back and started to cut without even asking me what I wanted. He was also rather flamboyant.

When he was done, I had my front hair back, somehow (Brittany Spears' stylist?) but he had given me this goofy shoulder length bob cut that made me look like a 1950's mom. I was displeased with this for some reason and left.

This was actually part of a much larger dream where I had to get to some high school dance that night but didn't have a dress to wear or (obviously) an appropriate haircut. It was a bit stressful and I ended up at some antisocial guy's house party where my dad was going on and on about how he can fit into size 30 jeans now. I watched him parade around in his tiny jeans and wondered how that was possible since I don't even think I wear that small.

No comments:

Post a Comment