Monday, April 6, 2009

General Ranting

My dreams have been insane lately. Worse than normal. Almost every night for about the past week has been an exhausting whirlwind of maniacal dreaming. My sister was eaten by a shark the size of a blue whale (don't worry she was spat back out and I rescued her from the edge of the water). I had redundant and relentless work dreams last Friday (and Friday night too - how mean!). My high school friends and I crammed into a car old school style and I protested, laughing, as we went to pick up Carissa who was going to be like the 5th person in the back seat (I'm so glad grown ups don't cram into cars like teenagers do, I'm so over being squished into economy cars with my beloved, giggly peers).

Of course, these are just a fleeting few of my dreams that shake off within minutes (though sometimes last days) after waking up. I haven't had a good fluid one to blog about recently (except maybe the shark one, but I got lazy) and so you've been sadly neglected (pretending like I have readers is fun!).

I do find it odd how my dreams seem to come in phases. This blog hasn't been around long enough (nor does anyone read it frequently enough anyway) to realize these trends, but I know it to be true. A few years ago I had dreams about the Harris' in one form or another almost every night for months. They were just there. I was at their house or one of them was walking through a field with me - whatever. They still tend to float through a dream every now and again. I've done the same thing with seemingly random people from my past, most notably Alicia, Scott Taylor, and Karen Wong (now Rangel). When I was in Europe in 2001, I had a dream with Patrick in it almost every night. Vida Soto has been a recent addition to the odd cameos. I have no idea why.

The funny thing is, it's often the people I'm closest to who never appear in my dreams. Kane is rarely there. My mom hardly makes an appearance, though my dad does a bit more frequently. Jon is rarely amongst the posse of faceless "friends" I'm toting around. Marc and Alana, our most awesome Australia friends, who we have hung out with just about every weekend for a year have never made an appearance that I can think of. It's like my brain only has access to select yearbook pages from grades 3-12 to look at. I have no explanation.

Hopefully I can get a good one soon. I'm the only one who loves this blog, and I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment