Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cat in the Frame Store

In my first dream last night Kane and I went to this place that makes custom frames for pictures. It was a house though, instead of a store, and we went into the master bedroom for some reason. We were looking at the frames on display and I was noticing that everything was at least $300. I pointed out that these were far too expensive for us and he unfolded a piece of paper from his pocket showing the Groupon that he had for a discount on one of the frames.

We had our cat with us in this house and she was wandering around the master bedroom sniffing things. I asked the woman who owned the "store" if it was ok that we brought our cat, especially since I noticed they had a black and white short hair roaming around the place. She hesitated and didn't seem like it was ok.

Our cat then slipped under the house via a small vent hole in the floor under a table. Kane (and maybe my sister?) ran outside to look under the house for her. I went to put on my shoes but realized I had dozens of small thorns in my feet. I started picking them out before putting on my socks and noticed the store owner lady padlocking the gate to the room I was in. She wouldn't explain why she was locking me in.

I got the thorns out and put on my socks; they were completely covered in dirt. My sister held up a cat from outside and spoke to me through a window to tell me that she'd found my cat. I told her that she was holding a long-hair calico kitten and that my cat was a short-hair tabby adult. She kept looking.

I heard my cat meow from under the floorboards. I called to her to reassure her. I ran to the hole in the floor that she had gone through to see if she'd jump back into the room with me. The hole had been covered over with cookies; the store owner was clearly out to get me for some reason. I removed the cookies and called to the cat through the hole. After a minute she came through and I picked her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment