Friday, December 17, 2010

Helicopters and Overalls

I was at an office with Jack Donaghy and we were supposed to go to some party. We were in an office on an upper floor of a high rise building and the exterior walls were full height glass. There was a huge balcony outside and the day was clear and blue.

A helicopter arrived about every 15 minutes and dropped a platform down on the balcony to take someone over to the party. It was a small blue circular platform that could fit only one person at a time. I don't think it had really sturdy railing around it, and I was scared someone might just fall off.

I was supposed to go to the party first, without Jack, to stake it out, and then come back, change my clothes and go back with Jack. At this time I was wearing dark blue overalls and had no shoes or socks on.

I took a different helicopter over to the party which was taking place in something like a hotel lobby. The room was large and open and decorated with modern furnishings. Large windows along the entrance let in pretty dusk light. Someone at the party told me that they were only letting people in for he next half hour or so, which I hadn't expected and didn't understand why. I didn't have time to go back and change and get Jack, and was contemplating what it would mean for me to stay at this party alone in my current outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment