Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Late to Pick up Colleen in SLO

I was in San Luis Obispo and was going to some sort of fair with my family. I drove a few of us there in my car and parked in a dirt lot. My family got out and walked toward the fair and whatever activities they had.

I got a call from someone who asked me to come pick them up. I remembered walking around town earlier and seeing Colleen (Jack Donaghy's mom from 30 rock) outside a store. I said hello and offered her a ride to the fair. Apparently someone was calling to remind me to pick her up.

I went and got my chair off the lawn area -- my family had put some chairs out to reserve out spots for (assumingly) some show later. My chair was a high backed wooden dining room chair and I dragged it out through the throngs of people toward my car. I then realized there was really no reason to move my chair since I was just coming right back and felt silly.

As I started toward my car a woman asked if she could have a ride to drop her cat off at home. I said sure. As she directed me to her house I realized we were going south away from town and away from Colleen. I had told whoever was with Colleen that I'd be there in 15 mins or so and now I clearly wasn't going to make that schedule. Cat lady's house was in a town called Brie (cheese on the mind, much?) which was apparently a half hour south. Now I was upset because I had thought the cat would be on the way and I was going to be very late to get Colleen.

I dropped the cat off and started back toward town.

No comments:

Post a Comment