Monday, February 9, 2009

Kennedy's

Dreamed: Monday Night February 9

I was at the Kennedy's house for some reason; a place I haven't been in reality for probably over ten years. It was holiday season and all their kids were home and we were all sitting at their dining room table. In reality, the Kennedy's have only two kids, but in my dream they had about ten, all full grown. This table was immense, it could have fit 30 people, like something out of Bruce Wayne's house.

As I looked around, the entire house was actually enormous. And not like mansion enormous, but like warehouse enormous. The distance between the walls in the dining room was a wide as a four lane highway, and the atrium near the stairs was four stories high. I squinted to see the framed portraits adorning the wall all the way up, even though you could only really see the ones at normal height. I thought it was odd that you'd still put pictures that high up on the wall where no one could see them.

There were some snacks on the giant table and everyone was talking. One of the goodies in front of me was a basket of muffins. They were vanilla muffins with chocolate gooey interior. But I had just eaten some chocolate chip cookies at my mom's house and didn't want any more sweets (as if that would deter me in real life - I love dream world). The person at the head of the table, just next to me, was suddenly Monique. She was telling me, in a joking way, that I needed to have a muffin or she'd be offended. But she kept calling them cookies even though they were clearly muffins.

I glanced across the table and down a few seats to see Carol Kennedy, the mom of the family. She was intent on something in front of her on the table, wrapping a present or something. She was very young, maybe as young as when I was a kid, and she looked like a young Sigourney Weaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment