Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sabrina's Wedding

Dreamed: Saturday Night February 21

I was at an events hall for Sabrina Rangel's wedding. In reality, Sabrina and I have just become Facebook friends and she is already married. But in the dream, I was attending her wedding wearing a long silk dress and heels. I was there alone but there were tons of people I knew in attendance.

The venue was a strange banquet hall; a long hallway led to two separate banquet areas, both of which were occupied by the wedding party, though the rooms were not linked. The ceilings were low and the place was decorated like a run of the mill hotel (short, boring carpet, stark walls, bland window hangings, vaguely blue themed). The two banquet areas had rows of tables and chairs that all faced one direction, like it was a conference rather than a wedding.

I was seated in the larger hall next to Jenny Hacker, who was offended when I told her that I wanted to go sit with some other friends. To make amends, I told her I'd like to sit between her and my other friends, but she didn't really buy it. There was a rack of clothes in the middle of the wide aisle, like in a department store. There were lots of wacky clothes on this rack, and Jenny started putting them on. She put on white stretchy pants, a dark blue puffy jacket and bright red lipstick; I told her she looked like a walking American flag. I took some vogue pictures of her posing in that outfit with a flag behind her.

I wandered into the other banquet room to see if I knew anyone there. I saw Jolene, Casey Meirovitz, and lots of other people that I can't remember now. Casey asked me how I'd been; we haven't seen each other since high school. He looked a bit dazed. There were lots of other people I knew that I said hi to.

Walking back to my banquet room, I saw Olivia (Sabrina's sister) whom I had been surprised not to have seen already. She was in regular clothes, jeans and a blouse, and was walking with a cane, which I thought was odd. When she said hi, I thought, "oh yeah, that's the way Olivia always says hi to me" regarding her tone of voice (even though there is no particular way she says hi to me in real life).

As I arrived back into the big banquet room, I saw that Sabrina's parents had brought her a small chocolate cake that had one pink candle and said something like "Worst Day Ever" on it. They had gotten this because a variety of things had gone wrong and the wedding had been held up for hours and she was upset about it. Her parents had gotten her the extra cake to cheer her up and she seemed entertained about it.

Instead of kicking the party out early because we were running late, the venue had decided to tell the wedding party who had booked after Sabrina that they were cancelled. Someone told me this in the hallway and I gasped in surprise.

Later on, I remember dancing a bit while still confined in our rows of seats and tables and Vida Soto gave me a butt bump (nudged me with her hip while she was dancing) that almost knocked me over as I was precarious in heels. She was wearing a sequened dress and having a great time. I thought it odd that I run into her in "real life" after she was just randomly in my dream the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment