Thursday, February 26, 2009

Capoeira Hostages

Dreamed: Thursday Night February 26

I was at a sort of factory taking a break after work or something, hanging out with some friends at a patio adjacent the building. It was a concrete paved patio, terraced and with handrails around the paths that led to other parts of the site. We were sort of just standing around talking at dusk. I was with, at minimum, Trevor and Nate, and possibly some other guys.

Some guys came up to the patio area and started doing Capoeira. Nate and Trevor are big into capoeira, so they asked to join in. As they did, it became obvious that the other guys were not just playing around, they really wanted to hurt us. They were doing really major kicks and hits, and barely missing Trevor and Nate as they dodged.

Suddenly they kidnapped Trevor by putting him into an empty dump truck with a guy who had a stun gun. I was not really me anymore, but rather, I was the viewpoint of a camera following Trevor in the truck. From an overhead view, I watched the guy with the stun gun just stand in the truck bed with Trevor. The walls of the bed were taller than either of them and were plain yellow colored; the top was open. The "bad guys" were driving him somewhere. At one point, Trevor had escaped the bin of the truck and was hanging onto the bottom of the truck like in an action movie (the "camera" appropriately followed him for an under-truck view - very tense). I'm not sure why he didn't just jump off to escape.

The truck drove down a ramp into an underground level of a parking garage and Trevor and stun-gun guard disembarked. The head bad guy was there to meet them, and it was Marko from last season's So You Think You Can Dance - Australia (yeah, I know the people's names on that show, so sue me - I wanted Rhys to win). Marko (in my dream) was known for stun-gunning his captives to death. Just as he was approaching Trevor, Paulo came out from behind the truck. He was a bad guy but since he was also Trevor's friend, he told Marko that he'd take care of Trevor. Marko begrudgingly let Paulo lead Trevor away.

Paulo led Trevor to a little alcove in the parking garage and told him to stand in a corner and not move an inch. In the time that Trevor was standing there, he turned into a blue steel I beam with a concrete block base. A group of bow-and-arrow armed men suddenly ran toward Trevor, awaking him from his trance. They had been sent by Marko to scare him. And if an "accident" happened and Trevor was killed, Marko wouldn't have been very remorseful.

The group of archaically armed men told Trevor to stand on a concrete handrail in the middle of a nearby ramp. As he did, he and Paulo realized that they could take out all of the bow-and-arrow clad guys in one huge Matrix-like slaughter. They were about to do so when the camera panned back to me, suddenly a guest in the Harris' house across the street from my mom's place.

I was getting up from their living room and walking through the kitchen. Al Harris (the dad) was carrying in a tub (like a 2' diameter x 1' deep steel tub with handles) full of huge purple grapes. I proceeded through to the adjacent dining room to find Andrea Harris (the mom) holding Laurie as a baby. Next to Andrea was her mom (who I never met in real life) who was crushing pieces of dry rice to make a "traditional" Panamanian dish for dinner. Andrea was smiling as she held Laurie who was very cute. She was telling me what a good baby Laurie was and how much I was going to like her when she was older. I almost told her that I will like Laurie when she's older, but I didn't want to freak her out with the whole being from the future thing, because clearly I was in the past.

I woke up rather exhausted (from this and Flying with Medieval Worf, they were back to back).

No comments:

Post a Comment