Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rambo Nomads*

Dreamed: Friday Night February 6

I show up to "my house" - not actually any house I've ever lived in, but is a nice sprawling one story with nice carpet - to find that Kit has been "attacked". All the lights were off but dim light shown through the drawn blinds. Someone had broken in and acupunctured Kit, but with bigger needles than normal - more like golf tees - which was obviously hurting her. I approached her as she sat in a wicker chair. She was sitting upright and looking pained. I pulled out the "needles", gathered up her and my stuff, and headed somewhere else for fear of the people who did this coming back.

Cut to me traversing a random township and wilderness area with a group of people who are being similarly threatened and have nowhere to go. It's daytime and overcast. No idea why I wouldn't call family or friends; I was somewhere completely foreign, though it looked surprisingly similar to some scenes from the original Rambo.

And like Rambo, we were similarly vagabonding. In addition to Kit, who was ok at this point and seemed to be able to keep up with us without being caged, I also had a rottweiler that was white and brown spotted and a giraffe who I was leading by a leash. The leash had sunk down to the base of the neck of the giraffe, so I was more leading it by the top of the body. It must have been a baby since it wasn't huge like an adult giraffe. Either that or the dream was wacky, but we know that's impossible.

This dream had no resolution except that all of the sudden on this random meandering trip, Kit became extremely sick. She looked like she had been dunked in water with her fur all matted and she was vomitting a lot. I was panicked and in a rush to find a vet to help her**. I was holding her as we walked.

*Note to self: This would make a good band name.
**Having chatted with Eric the next day, I found that Kit is actually doing just fine and is probably closer to boredom than sickness.

1 comment:

  1. Mondo Bizarro! (hey, that would be a good name for an album...wait...it IS an album by the Ramones...) You do have some weird dreams little girl. I guess most dreams are strange but, you win the contest. Rambo Nomads does sound like a band name. Yer funny. Glad to hear Kit is doing well. Happy dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete