Saturday, February 14, 2009

Left out of Laser Tag

Dreamed: Saturday Night February 14

To explain, I worked at a laser tag place in Hayward, CA for two years when I was a teenager. I had some of the best times of my life there with the other employees, customers, and playing laser tag. I have dreams about laser tag, whether at the place I worked or some strange similar place, and the people I knew from there probably once a week on average. It haunts my subconscious fervently.

We were having a Planet Lazer (PL) reunion at a laser tag place that I've never been to (in real life or the dream). We had rented the typical party room with neon-paint-splattered walls and blacklights mounted on the ceiling. There were a couple of long banquet tables in the room that we all gathered around in chairs. People were showing up one at a time, but I started to realize that I didn't really recognize many of the people.

There were some of the main crew, but I only really remember seeing Melissa, Rick, and Yolanda. The other people were either people who only came to PL a couple times, or were just friends of other people who I did not know. For some reason most of the people there were extremely overweight. Not just chubby regular people, but extremely obese. I was wondering why everyone's friends were all so fat.

We were chatting around the table and munching pizza when we decided to play a game of laser tag. Everyone was signing up and paying at the front counter but I was hanging back in the party room until the crowd cleared. I was also chatting with Yolanda, who I haven't seen in probably close to ten years; I don't remember what we were saying. She smiled a lot. She's always been very pretty and still was.

I got up to go sign up for the laser game, but noticed that everyone had already gone in and was playing without me! I was sort of upset since I don't really get to play too often, especially not with my old laser friends. So I went back to Yolanda and waited for everyone to come out.

When they did, my dad was one of the folks to exit. I was like, "Dad?". Not only did I not see him before, but I'm not sure why he would be playing laser tag with my friends and not me. He was my dad from when I was a kid: probably in his thirties and thinner than I can remember him ever being. He was wiping sweat off of his face with a towel since he had ran around a lot in the game. He wore a horizontal stripped collared shirt and a baseball cap that were in sort of 1980's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment