Friday, February 13, 2009

Leonardo Movie

Dreamed: Thursday Night February 12

I often have dreams where the dream is like a movie and I'm either watching the movie or I'm a character in the movie. As in, I play someone else and sometimes am someone else; sometimes it's just like looking through someone else's eyes. This dream was like that.

I'm in a car, maybe a pick up truck or a sedan, something with room for three people along the front bench seat. It's night time and we're driving slowly along a residential street, approaching the house of our destination which is more or less my Grandmam's previous house in Castro Valley. There may or may not have been other people in the back seat. The girl driving was my sister (not my real sister, but the sister of my character in the movie; she resembles Gwyneth Paltrow) and the man on my right was her husband, Leonardo DiCaprio. My character is secretly in love with Leo and is burdened by the typical movie-drama anxiety that arises with forbidden attraction.

We pull up in front of a house that is all lit up and very beautiful. It's sort of similar to my Grandmam's house, but it actually looks nothing like it (go figure). The house is two stories tall with dark wood trim and is sunk into a beautifully landscaped garden that is all lit up with strings of lights. There is a warm yellow glow emanating from every window of the house. I decide to take some pictures of the house to practice my night photography skills.

Still in front of the house, I am suddenly pregnant and about to have a baby. I know that Leo is the father of this baby, and my sister appears to be savvy to it as well. I exit screen left to have the baby but we pretend that it was actually she that had the baby and it was theirs. It was a boy and it was huge and not very cute. Very potato-esque.

Back in front of the house, now at about dusk, a jaguar races by me (a wild cat, not a silly car) through the side yard of the house. It was huge and jet black and chasing someone. The person it was chasing was me; I was running in front of it (still my character, not really me - yes I'm in two places at once here, don't ask). From the vantage point of the person not being chased by the jaguar, I was upset because I realized this was probably a movie where animals get killed. I hate those movies.

I turned toward the house to see a gigantic pig standing in the entry way. This pig was at least a few tons, you would have to look eye to eye with if you were to stand in front of it. After the pig made some statement in a proper British accent, I realized it was a movie with talking animals and decided that I hate those movies even more.

The camera then zoomed out to an overhead view of a black train chasing a red train all around the residential block we were on. The black train was the jaguar and the red train was me. The black train was far faster, but the red train kept escaping with deft maneuvers. Cut to the culmination of this chase in a garage near the back of the house. The bad guy (previously jaguar/black train, now turned tiny man) was perched on a small laptop on a shelf.

He had somehow won this "battle" and was about to kill me or make me his bride or something sinister. I was just standing in front of him, maybe six feet away, being a regular full-sized person, maybe four times bigger than the pint sized man (no idea why I couldn't just leave or bop him on the head or something).

In comes Leo (sighhh, my hero) wielding some foam board (like the kind you use to make school presentations when you're in high school) which he uses to knock the small man off his laptop throne. The man falls onto the ground and is defeated in a very "G" movie sort of way (generally falling unconscious and presumed dead with no blood or gore).

I wanted to confess my love and tell Leo that Ugly Baby was actually his and mine, but that's when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment